Hello Dear Blogger!
Few moth back I started an interview series on a blog that was very awesome in terms of learning new strategies to start a profitable blog to take it to the next level. This interview series was loved a lot by many new bloggers and gets amazing feedback too.
So, continuing this series again, I have come up with a new Interview,
After a long time, I am going to interview a well-known passionate blogger and affiliate marketer Nikola Roza Founder of nikolaroza.com on my blog. I am quite sure that you will love this interview and of course you will learn a lot of tips and strategies to grow your blog faster.
So, without any further delay let’s start an interview with Nikola Roza and see his prospective upon blogging and affiliate marketing.
- Interview With Nikola Roza | Founder of NikolaRoza.com
- 1. Hello Nikola, first of all welcome to my blog, can you tell a few words about Yourself and when you started your blogging journey?
- 2. Any start up is filled with challenges, what are the problems you have faced at the beginning and how can you get rid of them?
- 3. Most bloggers struggle with scheduling time for bogging work? How do you manage your work and what do you advise to our audience?
- 4. Can blogging really change someone’s life, if YES then How?
- 5. What would be the best for beginners and what would you recommend between blogging & freelance?
- 6. Best SEO strategy for moving up to the 1st pages from 2nd and 3rd pages in search engines?
- 7. What are the most essential things needed to implement to succeed in blogging as well as in affiliate marketing?
- 8. What is the best way to grow the blog and drive organic traffic on the new blog? What are a few best ways to promote any new blog post?
- 9. Which is more important (1) creating backlink or (2) creating unique, high-quality content and building our Email List?
- 10. Can you suggest some of the best SEO tools and why they are crucial?
- 11. Can you talk about any two the best and natural/authentic ways of link building and why?
- 12. Any SEO tips for my reader to grow a new blog quickly?
- 13. Any Suggestions for my blog to Improve Performance and Drive Organic Traffic?
- 14. Social media also plays an essential role in driving traffic and making sales, what is your social media strategy?
- Say Few words for Roundup this post.
- Final Thought on Interview with Nikola Roza
Interview With Nikola Roza | Founder of NikolaRoza.com
1. Hello Nikola, first of all welcome to my blog, can you tell a few words about Yourself and when you started your blogging journey?
Hi Archana, thanks for the invite. I’m honored to be here on your blog.
My name is Nikola Roza, and I blog at nikolaroza.com.
I first learned about blogging and SEO in 2015, and had my first dismal try back then.
But I really started seriously blogging on December 4th 2017.
And now I’m a full-time blogger.
2. Any start up is filled with challenges, what are the problems you have faced at the beginning and how can you get rid of them?
My challenge was that I was totally broke. And I really mean it. When my mother got sick in 2015, I borrowed money left and right to try and save her life.
I failed, and it was too late for her. But I also got into big debts after my mother passed.
I had no work and I had to sustain myself by getting social help from the state.
That amount was paltry 7 500 Serbian dinars, or $70.
So, I lived every month with ~$2 and it lasted for 18 months.
Then, In the beginning of 2017 I decided to try blogging again. But I didn’t have money for hosting and domain name so I went fruit picking from February till the end of November.
And then, as mentioned earlier, on 4-th of December I started my current blog.
It was an arduous process, but I made it. In 2018 I started getting freelance writing work so it got a bit easier for me. I didn’t have to pick fruit any more.
3. Most bloggers struggle with scheduling time for bogging work? How do you manage your work and what do you advise to our audience?
My advice for your audience is to intelligently divide their days and stick to and honor their schedule at all costs.
Here’s my schedule:
- Get up at 6.30AM
- Exercise until 7.00 AM
- Work for clients until 12AM
- Rest, eat and exercise;
- Build links and do other site tasks until 6PM
- Produce content until 10PM
- Engage socially until 11PM
- 12 Pm goes to bed.
4. Can blogging really change someone’s life, if YES then How?
Yes, it can.
If they’re able to persist and push through failures, they will start making serious money at some point and it’ll change their life forever.
It’s not so much about the money. It’s much more about owning an online business and having the awesome independence it brings.
5. What would be the best for beginners and what would you recommend between blogging & freelance?
Blogging+affiliate marketing as a combo is key for passive income that can be scaled indefinitely.
However, if you’re strapped for cash as I was when I was starting out, then you need to freelance full time and blog on the side.
That’s what I did and it was a hellish experience. But it was also necessary and ultimately it helped me become a better and more capable blogger.
The point is that newbie bloggers who can’t blog full time shouldn’t despair. Instead, they need to be creative and embrace hard work.
6. Best SEO strategy for moving up to the 1st pages from 2nd and 3rd pages in search engines?
- Publish content.
- Internally link to it.
- Let it age for 3 months.
- Build links to it until it reaches the second page.
- Update again with extra focus on readability and use experience.
7. What are the most essential things needed to implement to succeed in blogging as well as in affiliate marketing?
The most important thing to have been a content plan based on what keywords are crucial for your business.
So, don’t try and rank for everything, or for hot new keywords; stay focused only on those that can make you money and are aligned with your business goal.
I made that mistake. I tried like a fool to rank for “Wealthy Affiliate review”, a super competitive keyword my blog was incapable of even touching.
And I can’t rank for it even now.
But once I started targeting far more doable keywords, for example “Windows hosting free trial”, things began to change.
Here’ you can see in this image how I rank on position #8 with a 3-day old article.
Lesson learned for me, and you need to learn from my mistakes.
Note: to counterpoint what I just said, SEO is full of surprises and that’s why I love it so much.
For example, my HostGator Black Friday page is targeting the phrases:
- HostGator Black Friday;
- HostGator Black Friday deals;
- HostGator Black Friday sale;
- HostGator Black Friday offer.
If you visit the SERPS right now you will see 2 things.
First, I rank on the first page for all of them.
Second, it’s a very competitive keyword set with lots of heavy weight sites competing.
So, as mentioned, SEO is full of (positive) surprises:) and you should never say a definitive no to a keyword until you try to rank for it.
8. What is the best way to grow the blog and drive organic traffic on the new blog? What are a few best ways to promote any new blog post?
The best way is to consistently create good content that can rank in Google because it satisfies search intent.
The best way to promote a new blog post is to first build internal links to your post, and then to promote it socially.
I use Buffer to schedule posts in advance and I use Missinglettr to throw in some social randomness in there.
Finally, you also need to build links to your most important posts. I recommend guest posting.
9. Which is more important (1) creating backlink or (2) creating unique, high-quality content and building our Email List?
They’re all equally important.
However, they need to be prioritized.
- Create good content;
- Build links to it;
- Start and nurture an email list.
Don’t try to change the order.
Pro tip: use OptinMonster to build your email list the fastest (note: if you’re reading close to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, then learn here how much you can save).
You can use Unbounce to create awesome landing pages, and also to display header bars where your visitors can subscribe in exchange for a freebie.
10. Can you suggest some of the best SEO tools and why they are crucial?
Here are my favorites:
- Ahrefs- best for backlink research. They have the largest index after Google
- SEMrush- best for keyword research
- Advanced Web Ranking– best keyword rank tracker. You need to know where you rank and AWR delivers splendidly.
- Link Whisper- this is a premium WordPress plugin and a must if you’re serious about SEO. Learn about it here (plus get my coupon code to save $15)
11. Can you talk about any two the best and natural/authentic ways of link building and why?
The most authentic way of building links is to have great content which gets linked to naturally.
But that rarely happens.
The second-best strategy is guest posting with link exchanges. Get some guest posts under your belt and use them to link to your link partners. Then they will link to you from their guest posts.
It’s the fastest way to grow because one guest post gives you 1 guest post link, + 10 link exchanges.
12. Any SEO tips for my reader to grow a new blog quickly?
First, go all out on content. This doesn’t mean quantity, but quality. Honestly try to write the best content possible on any keyword you pick.
This will make the ranking process so much easier and faster.
Second, build links to your pages. Link building is a must and don’t even try to rank without links. Instead, go hard with link building and focus on your key money pages, those that can make your money the fastest.
For example, my web hosting free trial page: (https://nikolaroza.com/hosting-trial-no-credit-card/)
It is only 5 months old, yet it’s on the first page for every query even remotely relevant.
Because I built a ton of good links to it.
13. Any Suggestions for my blog to Improve Performance and Drive Organic Traffic?
Yes, your content is excellent. Continue publishing superb content and interlink your pages heavily (use this WordPress plugin to automate as much as possible.
My second tip is to focus on backlinks. And I mean DR70+ links.
A link from a DR70 site is 50 times stronger than a link from my DR50 site, and 1000 times stronger than a link from DR20 site.
So one good DR70 link is like getting 500 from weaker blogs.
Get a dozen of those and you’ll be pleasantly surprised how your traffic grows.
I know I was.
14. Social media also plays an essential role in driving traffic and making sales, what is your social media strategy?
My strategy is simple. Be social, but automate as much as you can and waste no time on social media.
For automation I use Buffer, mainly to promote other bloggers in my niche, including you, Archana.
And for self-promotion, I use Missinglettr (learn about it here)
Missinglettr takes away 99% of work involved with social media activity and the remaining 1% are the campaigns Missinglettr created and that I just need to approve.
My advice for anyone is to promote their blogs on social media, but to be smart about it. Don’t let it become a time suck.
Say Few words for Roundup this post.
Thanks for inviting me, Archana. I had a blast. And it’s an honor for me for sure. If your readers want to reach me, they can do it over on my blog, and if they need quality writing service, they can ask for a quote here.
Final Thought on Interview with Nikola Roza
So, that is all in your interview with Nikola Roza, and I am quite sure that you have learned a lot of tips and strategies to grow a blog quickly.
If you find this interview helpful then share it with your friends. It will take you a few seconds but it motivates me to interview more pro bloggers in future.
Happy Reading & Happy Blogging