Important – Before you start reading this blog, I want to tell you something I have written this article after much analysis and have taken care of everything that is very important for how to start a blogging in India. I have covered almost every point you should know about how to start blogging in India. Due to this, the article became a bit long. But I believe that after reading this post, you won’t go anywhere to find out answers to what a blog is? How to start a blog? What is needed to start a blog? What is the benefit of creating a blog?
Why Start a Blog?
Do you want to make a passive income by starting a blogging business in India, then let me tell you that it will be good for you? If you want you can live life like a boss with the help of a blog. In this sequence, starting a blog in India is the first step for you to go toward success.
So, after reading this article, you will be well aware of how to start blogging in India which will open a new path for you to get success in the future.
Creating a blog is not such a difficult task, you just need a little bit of guidance. So that you can easily create a blog.
Today we will talk about some easy and important steps for how to be a blogger in India so that you will be able to start a profitable blog on your own without making any mistakes.
And finally, I will also tell you some important tips that will help you to take your blog to a new height and you will also be able to make a unique identity in the world of blogging.
So, let’s start without delay
The Benefit of Starting a Blog?
Wait, first of all, you should know what is going to happen when you start a blog in India?
Maybe some of you are thinking, why should I start a blog? Will it be good for me or not?
So, I would like to advise you that 2023 is a golden opportunity to start a blog in India and take it to a new height.
Because the world of blogging is becoming more competitive day by day. In such a situation, you should start a blog today and now. It is possible that you will have more opportunities & possibilities instead of others that will start after you.
If you start a blog in India and pursue it then there are many benefits. Apart from that here you get some unexpected benefits from blogging which will help you a lot in the upcoming future.
- Why Start a Blog?
- The Benefit of Starting a Blog?
- What Can We Do Through a Blog?
- How to Start Blogging in India – Step-by-Step Guide
- Step 1. Select an Ideal & Profitable Niche to Start a Blogging in India
- Step 2. Choose an Ideal and Brandable Domain Name to Start a Blog
- Step 3. Select Right Platform to Start a Blog
- Step 4. Choose Blazing Fast Web Hosting to Start a Blog
- Step 5. Install WordPress from Hosting Account
- Step 6. Choose a Wisely Fast Loading and Lightweight Theme
- Step 7. Install Some Powerful Essential Plugin
- Step 8. Write Your First Informative and High-Quality Content
- Step 9. What is the Future of Starting a Blog?
- FAQs – How to start blogging in India?
- Now your turn
What Can We Do Through a Blog?
You can do the following things through your blog
- Share Your Creativity Idea – Blogging is a platform where you can express yourself by writing content (about yourself, knowledge, service, products, etc.) to your audience. These materials can be important for them so that you can win the trust of your readers, as well as create a great identity among your readers.
- Help the Newbie & Get a Valuable Audience – I have already told you that you can write content on any topic (on which you have deep knowledge) by creating a blog. Therefore, by writing content (in a specific niche) on your blog, you can help your readers on that subject. In this way, you can get your readers’ trust as well as their support, which will be useful for you in the future.
- Make Good Income from Blog – I can promise you that a lot of money can be made through blogging. However, with time, your hard work and dedication matter a lot. You can also make a lot of passive income from your blog through Affiliate Marketing and Google AdSense Ads.
I think there is no doubt in your mind as to why you should start a blogging in India. A blog opens the way for you to earn money as well as live a life like a boss.
So, let’s start and see what things are needed to start a blogging in India. We hope this will make your work easier.
How to Start Blogging in India – Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1. Select an Ideal & Profitable Niche to Start a Blogging in India
Choosing the right niche (blog topics) for your blog is the most important part, because if you don’t do it then your blog can fail. Many newbie bloggers get stuck at this point.
Do you know? 99% of bloggers leave blogging within six months of starting blogging because they either choose the wrong place to start their career or are not passionate about it.
A niche is like a subject but it is too complicated. Because there are many subjects in it, you have to choose a better niche from it. If you have chosen a better and more profitable niche for your blog in the beginning, then maybe you can win the game at the beginning itself.
Are you still confused about how much money can be made through a blog? Many Pro Bloggers are making a passive income because they have chosen an Ideal and Profitable Niche to start a blog.
There are many other blogs available on the internet that I can show you. Which is very popular and makes a lot of money? But I think now you have got an accurate idea and you must have become aware of how important a niche is for starting a blogging career in India.
By the way, there are many profitable niches (blog topic ideas), on which you can start your own blog and grow it. But I would like to give you a suggestion, that you should never choose niches in which you have no interest or knowledge about it.
Because if you do this then surely you will get bored with it soon and will quit blogging. This is because you are not interested in it and do not know about it. In such a way, how can you take your blog forward?
So, the question is, how to get the right blog topic ideas (Niche) so that you do not regret it later. But do not panic, I am telling you a secret way that you can easily choose a good and profitable niche to start a blog. For this, you will have to look closely at the methods mentioned below
- Look at blogs related to her niche and how much they are earning.
- How much do blogs grow in that niche?
- How much money can you make from that niche?
- There is an affiliate program available related to that niche.
- Does this niche have a good number of keywords or not?
- What is the search volume of that niche?
Interest and Knowledge
- Are you interested in working on that niche and passionate about it?
- Are you able to share the article above that niche?
- Are you really able to write content on that niche as well as answer problems related to it?
After reading the above point, I believe that now you can easily choose a better and more profitable niche. But if you still have any problem choosing the right niche, then you can do something like this
First of all, you have to make a list of what you are interested in, in which you are passionate, and in which you have more knowledge. Now get information about the niche that you like the most, as well as how many affiliate programs & other revenue programs it has. In this way, you will not have any problems in choosing a better and more profitable niche for your Blog.
Now you have selected a better niche and can start your blog, which is beneficial for you. So, you can proceed to the next step: –
Step 2. Choose an Ideal and Brandable Domain Name to Start a Blog
If you have chosen a niche or topic for a blog, then choosing the ideal domain name is not a difficult task for you. If you have not yet chosen a domain name for your blog, then you can choose the best domain name with the help of the tips given below.
But if you have already selected a domain name, then you can skip this step and proceed. So let us take a look at the ways in which you can choose an ideal domain name for your blog.
When I first created a blog on Blogspot, I found the name Blogspot associated with the blog name. I was not aware of the customs domain until that time. Then I heard the name GoDaddy or Namecheap, where the domain can be registered, so I registered a domain from there without any analysis.
Best Practice while choosing Ideal Niche (Blog Topic Ideas)
But it did not end well for me because it did not look like Brandable. Thus, I registered more than 3 domains and failed to choose the right domain for my blog. But I want you not to make such a mistake and pay attention to the things mentioned below. And I am confident that for the first time, you will be able to choose an ideal and brandable domain for your blog. Let’s see-
- Keep it short and easy to Remember – This is a very important step when you want to make a career in the blogging world. If you choose a domain name that is long and difficult to pronounce, then it becomes difficult for your audience to remember it.
- Make sure to use the Focus Keyword – It is very beneficial to do so. If you add the main keyword to the domain name, then by knowing the search results, people know what they are going to get in this blog. If you don’t do this, then you are actually misleading people. This way when people visit your blog and they will not get the right content then they will come back. This is not at all good for your blog from an SEO point of view, due to which the ranking of your blog can also be down. For example, my blog is above blogging, so I have chosen the name BloggingTry.
- Never use Numbers and Special Characters – As I mentioned above, your domain name should be short, simple, and easy to remember. In such a situation, if you add a number or special character to the domain name, it becomes even more difficult to remember. Therefore, I advise you not to use any number or special character in the domain name at all.
- Use TLD Extensions for Your Blog – Last but not least, this is also a very important part of choosing an ideal domain. You can choose it according to the niche of your blog, such as .com, .in, .uk, .info, .net. Etc. is important. But I would advise you to choose the .com TLD extension because it is used globally.
Now I hope that you will not have any problem choosing an ideal domain name for your blog. Let’s move ahead and look at the next action.
If you are still unable to find your best domain name then you can try LeanDomainSearch to Get a Better Name.
Step 3. Select Right Platform to Start a Blog
By now you must have chosen an excellent niche and domain name for your blog. Now we will move to the most important step which will help you in establishing a professional-looking blog. Now, the question may be arising in your mind what is this important step now? The answer is on which platform you will start your blog.
So do not panic, I want to give you some advice on which platform you can start your blog. If you want, you can start your blog on a free platform, where you will not have to pay any money. Or if you can spend some money, you can start a blog on a self-hosted platform.
Before you proceed, I want to tell you about free platforms and self-hosted platforms to start a blog. Let us begin: –
Whether you agree or not, a good platform simplifies your work as well as determines your blog’s future. So, I will recommend you choose a good platform very cleverly to start a blog.
I have given a brief explanation about the free and paid (self-hosted) platform to make your work easier. I hope this helps you a lot in choosing a good platform.
Free Blogging Platform
Let us tell you that there are many blogging sites in India where you can start your blog for free. Among them, Blogspot, WordPress.com, and Wix are more popular. I will tell you about Blogspot because what is found here is also available on other free platforms. Some things may be different but they do not matter much.
If you want to start a blog for free, then you have to keep in mind that the free platform gives you a limited facility. You cannot use them openly according to you. Here you get many restrictions, such as: –
Here you get a Subdomain name i.e. You do not get the freedom to choose a domain name, like yourdomain.blogspot.com, yourdomain.WordPress .com, yourdomain.wix.com, etc.
- You have to struggle a lot to earn money.
- SEO analysis of an article is very difficult.
- You are not really the owner of a blog created on a free platform.
- You do not have complete control over that blog.
- You cannot control the entire data of your blog from the back end.
- You can customize the blog on the free platform to some extent.
- All your data is in someone else’s hands and can be deleted at any time.
Read more about the Most Popular Free Blogging Platform
Self Hosted Blog
It is very beneficial to start a blog on a self-hosted platform that is seen in the true sense. Because here you get complete control with lots of features. You can manage your blog whenever you want. That is to say, you can control the data of your blog in your own way.
Let me tell you that you have to spend a little to start a self-hosted blog. But this expense is not too much that you cannot afford. If you want, you can start a blog in the month for 500 rupees. Which can fit into your budget very easily?
If you are serious about blogging then starting your own blog on a self-hosted platform can be very beneficial for you. You get complete control over the blog here. Along with this, you get a lot of features (plugins and themes), which is very important to establish a successful blog.
If you want to start a self-hosted blog, then WordPress can be the best option. We will learn more about how WordPress can be beneficial for you. But WordPress is a self-hosted platform and you need hosting to create a blog here. And you have to take care of many things to choose from and buy good hosting.
Step 4. Choose Blazing Fast Web Hosting to Start a Blog
As we have already read you need the best web hosting and domain to create a self-hosted blog or start a blog. We have already learned a lot about domain names, and now we will talk about hosting.
As you know, a website requires a server. It is like a computer hard disk. Where you store all the data of your blog or website. Whenever someone searches your domain name, then it is able to access your content through this server.
Web hosting is a place where all the files in your blog are stored and show your blog when someone tries to access it. Hosting is like a computer hard disk that stores all your data (pictures, posts, pages, and many more) and keeps your data secure. This server is called hosting.
See the list of web hosting that you will find in the market: –
- Shared Web Hosting – This hosting is the most popular and is cheaper hosting. Because a lot of websites are hosted here by a single server. This is a very good plan for a new blogger.
- VPS Web Hosting – In this type of hosting, you are given a part of a server that only you can use. It is slightly more expensive than shared hosting. You get more performance in this.
- Dedicated Web Hosting – You should get this hosting when your business is growing rapidly. It is quite expensive because the entire server is given to you, which you can choose according to your needs.
- Reseller Web Hosting – This hosting is good for starting a business. Anyone can start their own hosting business with Reseller Hosting. You can also sell this type of hosting to your client.
- Managed WordPress Web Hosting – If you want to start your business and do not have time to manage it, then Managed WordPress Hosting can be very beneficial for you. This type of hosting service is managed by an expert and specially optimized to give optimum performance to your WordPress Blog.
- Cloud Web Hosting – This type of hosting is best for a business website. But you can also use it. In this, you have to pay according to your usage, or you can also buy a particular plan.
After knowing all this, the question will arise in your mind about which hosting should be taken. So let us tell you that if you are going to start now, then shared hosting will be the best for you to start a blog.
There are thousands of companies worldwide that provide you with their hosting service. in which you can choose any hosting provider according to your needs and budget. But before you buy any hosting plan from a company, I recommend that Consider these Point
Remember these points while Buying Any Hosting Plan
- 24×7 Hours Support – Be present at all times for any technical problem.
- Guaranteed Up Time – Keep your server running at all times so that your website is not closed.
- Good Security – They provide good security service so that your website is not hacked.
- Speed of Hosting – Their server should be fast so that your website can open quickly.
- Web Hosting Free Trial or Demo of Hosting – That company gives you a chance to use all your services for a few days for free. (Note: HostGator is a decent host, and they offer a free trial)
- Money-Back Offer – Many companies offer some discounts on their plans. It must be checked.
- Popularity – This is the most important step that helps you get good hosting. The popularity of that web hosting provider must be checked.
However, almost all companies claim to provide all the above services. But in fact, there are few companies that can follow these responsibilities faithfully.
I do not want to give you the names of those companies but speak directly about the issue. So, if you are looking for ultra-fast features in rich shared hosting then I would suggest you go with FastComet Web Hosting Service.
Because FastComet web hosting offers a fast-loading server, graded security with an excellent support system at an affordable price that you ever need to launch your dream project online.
When it comes to a better-shared hosting service with a lot of features and resources, FastComet is one step ahead of all the hosting companies available in the market.
FastComet is a privately owned, independent global web hosting company founded in 2013. This company has more than 100 expert employees, operating in 11 data centers around the world. Currently, FastComet is powering up over 750,000+ websites with its amazing products and services.
They offer a variety of hosting services like Shared Hosting, WordPress Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Server at attractive price tags that you can purchase according to your needs and budgets.
FastComet Shared Hosting Plan starts at $2.49/month and goes up to $4.99/month which includes 15 GB SSD Storage, Free SSL Certificate, Free Website Migration, BitNinja Server Security, 365/24/7 Quality Support with 45 Days Mony Back Guarantee.
If you are just starting your business or website then it is more than enough for you.
Note: This Pricing may vary depending upon the discount offered by FastComet so it is advised that you confirm the available pricing from their official website.
For the last 3 years, I have been using SiteGround and Bluehost web hosting but I was not getting better site loading. So, I did some analysis and found FastComet web hosting.
Finally, I purchased FastComet Web Hosting during Black Friday 2023 and migrated my website to their server. You will not believe it, but when I hosted my blog here, after that I was stunned by the performance and speed of my blog.
FastComet Hosting Speed Test Result
I have analyzed site speed on various popular tools like Google PageSpeed Insights, GTmetrix, and Pingdom Tool, and here is the performance result.
Google PageSpeed Insights
But how do you believe me? You can read the review of FastComet web hosting on TrustPilot, where they have got an excellent 4.9 out of 5-star rating based on 2.3k+ reviews. As you can see in the image below, 93% of users have rated it 5 stars which is amazing and indicates their awesome service.
One of the best parts of using FastComet Shared Hosting is that you will get an industry-leading 45-day money-back guarantee with all types of hosting plans.
This is an awesome opportunity to test their products and service and if you are not satisfied with them you can get a full refund within 45 days from the date of purchase.
But I am pretty sure that you won’t regret using FastComet Service.
Excited to try FastComet Web Hosting!!
Now we will go ahead and learn how you can buy the FastComet Shared Hosting Basic Plan which costs you $2.49/month (Discounted Price). If you are confident, I would suggest you go with their FastCloud Extra Plan which comes with more resources, extra security, a well-optimized server, and 3X CPU power that accelerates your website performance.
Currently, the FastCloud Extra plan (Which I am Using) is available at a cost of $4.99/month (discounted price). FastComet offers the same discount whether you purchase monthly or yearly plans.
For the tutorial, I will go with the FastComet Shared Hosting Basic Plan. Remember, you need a domain name to purchase their hosting plan. If you have already registered, use that otherwise you can buy one from here.
So let’s get started and grab FastComet Hosting to start a profitable WordPress Blog,
How to Buy FastComet Hosting
You don’t need to go anywhere, just follow the steps below and purchase FastComet Hosting quickly. Following this step, you can launch your business or website within a few minutes without making any mistakes.
Step 1. Choosing the Right Hosting Plan
It’s the most important part of getting any hosting service. You must select a plan that can fulfill your business needs and comes within your budget. However, It is highly recommended you go with a higher plan based on the hosting types that you are going to buy.
In today’s tutorial, I going with the FastComet Shared Hosting Basic Plan which costs $2.49/month.
So to get FastComet Shared Hosting, just click on this “Exclusive Link” that will redirect you to the plan and pricing page. Here you need to select a hosting type and plan as per your needs and budgets.
Here you will see 3 types of plans, out of which you can choose any plan according to your budget. Here I am going with the FastCloud Plan in which you will get everything required to launch a website such as 15 GB SSD Cloud Storage, and Free Site Migration, and you are allowed to host a single website.
but you can buy their higher plan which includes more features and resources and lock in the discounted price by getting a long-term subscription.
But if you want to host multiple websites and more features and resources then I would suggest you go with either FastCloud Plus Plan or FastCloud Extra. You are also advised to choose a long-term subscription to lock in discounted prices and avoid high renewal charges.
Select the desired plan and click on the “Get Started” button for the next step,
Step 2. Register a New Domain or Use the Existing One
In this step, you need to provide a domain name for moving further. So, here you have two options, either you registered a new domain name or use the existing one that you have.
If you have chosen a domain name and want to register here, select the first option, and type the domain name. If you have registered a domain name from somewhere else, select the second option, and type the domain name. Then click on the “Use This Domain” button for the next steps.
If you have not yet registered a domain name, then you can choose a better and ideal domain name for your business or website by using the methods that I have explained above in this post.
Step 3. Create Account
In this step, you need to provide some details to create your client account and place a successful order for FastComet web hosting service.
1. Account Information: In this section, you need to fill out personal details like name, valid email, address, phone number, company name, and strong password for account creation and invoice generation. Based on this information your account will be created on FastComet.
2. Adjust Product Details: This section contains the product information that you have selected. You are also allowed to change these details like plan type, data center location, and period of subscription here if it is required. FastComet offers some value-added services that you can select if you need them.
3. Choose Payment Method: FastComet has two payment (PayPal and Credit Card) methods that you can choose as per your convenience for purchasing the hosting service.
If you choose the credit card option then you need to provide card details and for the PayPal option, you need to login into your PayPal account to make transactions to pay the hosting charge.
Remember, the available discount will be automatically applied if not you can enter the promo code here to save your money instantly.
4. Place an Order: Finally, you have to cross-check your order summary and given details once again. If everything is okay then check to mark the FastComet T&C box and newsletter subscription and hit the “Complete Order” button to make the payment and place an order.
As you can see in the image below I selected the FastComet Shared Hosting Plan for 3 years (36 Months) that cost me only $89.55 and I saved a massive amount of $268.65.
Note: If you don’t see any payment process after clicking the button, need not worry. Just login to your Fastcomet Client Area using your email and password (given in the account information) where you have a pending invoice that you need to pay.
Once you complete the payment, you will get an email regarding the hosting order as well as hosting-related details.
Your purchase has been confirmed and now follow the next step to website setup.
Step 5. Login to FastComet Account
You have successfully created the FastComet Client Account and you are allowed to login into your client area to manage your products and services.
Visit the FastComet website and click on the “Client Login” button available in the header menu that will redirect you to the login page.
Here you need to provide the email and password that you have provided during purchasing the FastComet web hosting and click on the “Login” button. After that, you will get into your client dashboard.
Your Client Area will look like this,
Using your client area you can manage your product & services, contact support, access your hosting control panel (cPanel), etc. FastComet client area is fully responsive which means you can use it on any device without difficulty.
To manage your website-related tasks like adding a domain, installing an SSL certificate, creating an email account, installing WordPress, and much more you need to access cPanel.
So, there are two ways you can access your cPanel either direct login from the client area or using cPanel credentials received in the email of the hosting order.
After logging into cPanel, you can perform a website-related task and install your favorite application to launch your business or website quickly.
In the next step, we will install WordPress.
Step 5. Install WordPress from Hosting Account
As I have already said, you can start a free and self-hosted blog. While we have purchased hosting, we will set up the WordPress blog here. By the way, you get many applications to set up a blog set in a hosting account, but WordPress is one of the top blogging sites in India.
Let’s have some highlights on WordPress
Advantage of WordPress
Before you start your blog by installing the WordPress application, I want to make you aware of some important benefits of WordPress. If you are really curious or serious about blogging, then WordPress may be a better option for you. Let us begin: –
- 1. Open Source – It is available for free to everyone, anyone can use it without any expense. You can install it in your hosting account with one click and enjoy its best features.
- 2. Easy to Use – It is very simple to use. All its options were shown in a better way, which you can easily see and use. You do not need any technical knowledge for this. New updates of WordPress keep coming at fixed time intervals, in which you are provided with new features as well as better security.
- 3. Some Limitations – Although WordPress is absolutely free for anyone. But you cannot use the Pro version of a theme or plugin. But you can start a blog with the help of free themes and plugins. If you want to enjoy other features of Theme & Plugin then you will have to spend some money.
- 4. It’s Pricing – You can use WordPress for free, all you need is a domain name and hosting. For which you have to spend some money. You can enjoy it by installing it easily from the hosting control panel.
- 5. Data Import/ Export/ Backup – You can easily migrate your entire website to WordPress. You can export, import, or back up your blog’s data at any time.
- 6. Admin Control Panel – Installing WordPress gives you an admin panel from where you can manage all the content of your blog. Such as writing posts, installing themes and plugins, customizing blogs, etc.
How to Install WordPress from a Hosting Account
No technical knowledge is required to install WordPress. All you need is a proper guide. I will now tell you to install WordPress from your GreenGeeks hosting account, with the help of which you will be able to install WordPress without any errors. Let us begin: –
GreenGeeks Web Hosting Comes with cPanel so you have to access your cPanel account then from here you have to install WordPress for your Website. I have written a detailed guide on How to Install WordPress in cPanel step by step and what are the settings required to finish during and after WordPress Installation without any common mistakes.
Now you have successfully installed WordPress with the help of the above article and your WordPress Blog is ready to explore
Login to your WordPress Blog Dashboard Type (blogname.com/login or blogneme.com/wp-admin) in your browser search bar and enter. Bookmark this URL for the future.
Here you have to enter the Email and Password that you entered at the time of WordPress installation. When you click on the login page your WordPress Dashboard will be open in front of you.
Before you move further you need to do some important settings in your WordPress Dashboard. Such as: –
General Settings – Do other settings here as you want then don’t forget to Click on Save Changes.
Reading Setting – Here you can set the Homepage Post Layout, Post Per page, etc.
Important – Make sure the Search engine visibility box is unchecked so that the search engine crawler would be able to crawl your site and your site content gets indexed in search engines.
Last Important Setting but not least,
Permalinks – This setting is very important because it plays a very important role in blog ranking. So, I advise you to choose it very cleverly. If you are confused then believe me and select it as shown below.
These are the most important settings that you have to do before using another feature of the WordPress dashboard. other settings you can do later on also.
Let’s Move ahead and see the Next Step-
Step 6. Choose a Wisely Fast Loading and Lightweight Theme
Now because you are starting a new blog the look of your WordPress blog matters a lot.
In blogging, a blog’s look and design matter a lot because if your blog design is not great, then you are losing a lot of traffic and the audience of your blog. A blog with a good design and a good look attracts your readers.
If you want, you can use any of the free themes in your WordPress inventory for your blog. But I would never recommend you to use Free’s WordPress Theme. Because it is very easy to hack free themes, in such a way you can also lose all your data.
If you are serious about your blog and consider the blog as a business, then it would be great for you to invest in the Best and Fast Premium WordPress Themes and any premium tools. If you do not do this, you may have to bear the brunt of it in the future.
Quick Note – If you are using the free theme or any other free tool, then you are actually hitting the axes on your own foot. Because it can get you in trouble in the future.
Now the question is, which theme is better?
Although you get a lot of premium themes in the market, it is not possible to try each one. But I will present you with some premium themes which are quite popular. Many pro bloggers also use these themes.
By the way, I have used the GeneratePress theme in my blog, which is the fastest and lightest theme. In this, you get several pre-made demos that you can install on your blog. I like it because it is very easy to customize.
I will explain some more themes which are very popular. But before buying a theme, you should pay attention to some things so that you can buy a better theme.
- The theme should be lightweight and easy to use.
- That theme supports the latest version of WordPress.
- Your theme is not responsive or not.
- Technical support of the theme means a lot.
As I mentioned earlier, GeneratePress is a lightweight and fast-loading theme, so now we will install the GeneratePress theme in the WordPress blog.
It is very easy to install. Just follow the steps given below.
For this, you have to first login into your WordPress dashboard and go to the appearance option.
1. Here you will see many options, while we are going to install the theme, so you can click the Theme option. After that, a new page will open where you have to click on the Add New button. View image –
2. Here you will see the list of free themes below. But we buy the premium theme. So, you click on the Upload Theme option and then select the zip file of the theme after choosing the file.
After this, click on the Install Now button. Now your theme will be installed shortly. Then activate it. As shown in the figure.
Finally, you have activated your favorite theme by installing it. After this, the most important task starts to customize that theme.
Important – However GeneratePress is a free theme. But you have bought its premium version, so you can enjoy its pro features. For this, you have to install the GeneratePress Premium plugin. You will have to download and install it from your GeneratePress account.
So far, we have installed the GeneratePress theme and the premium plugin. Now you can easily customize your thumb according to your needs.
For this, you can do the active theme in the theme section by clicking on the customized option.
Or go to Appearance → Customize. Now you can start customizing the theme.
Till now we have installed a premium theme on our blog and have also customized it. Now I will tell you about some essential plugins that help you to run the blog easily.
Let’s move forward
Step 7. Install Some Powerful Essential Plugin
Plugins are a tool that helps you make your blog much better and more automotive. If you do not use the plugin, you will not be able to enjoy many features of your WordPress blog.
Truly speaking, plugins work like the feet of WordPress. WordPress is nothing without it. With the help of the plugin, you can optimize your content, SEO, and loading time, and make the blog secure. Let me tell you about some must-have plugins that every new blogger should have.
1. WP Rocket
The loading speed of a blog or website plays an important role in ranking that blog. In this case, you should always pay attention to the loading time of your blog. If you use the wprocket plugin in your blog, it helps a lot in optimizing your blog as well as making it fast-loading. If you also want to make your blog fast-loading, then you can go with it without any doubt.
If you want to create a good audience, then your blog homepage or landing page would be great. If so, then visitors are attracted to your blog. To make this work easier, you can use the Elementor plugin. This plugin helps you a lot to create a landing page that you like. It gives you the option of drag & drop as well as being a very lightweight page builder.
It’s a good thing to have a backup of anything. Unfortunately, there may be something wrong with your website. In such a situation, you may have to lose your entire data. In this case, you can avoid this untoward with the help of this plugin. With the help of this plugin, you can back up your entire website and can restore that data if needed.
By ranking any blog or blog content on Google or any other search engine, you can get a lot of traffic and a valuable audience for your blog. But to do this, you have to optimize your content according to the search engine. You can use any one of these plugins to do this work better.
Although Rank Math comes with more features, the AIOSEO Plugin is also very helpful. By the way, there are other plugins that help in making your blog better and more secure. But it is a bit difficult to mention them all in one post.
Now it comes to installing the plugin, so let me tell you that it is very easy to install it. Go to WordPress Dashboard → Plugin → Add New → Upload File → Install Now and after successful Installation Activate it. If the setting is required do all the settings as per requirement.
Step 8. Write Your First Informative and High-Quality Content
I hope you have created a WordPress blog so far and have customized it well with the help of the methods mentioned above. I congratulate you on this. Now you can start blogging by making your blog live on the Internet. You can start your blogging by writing the first post for your blog.
Before you write the content for your blog, let me tell you that you have to verify your blog in the search engine console (like Google, Bing, etc.). Only then will the posts you wrote be indexed in the search engine and will appear in the search results. This question will arise in your mind about how to write a blog post. Do not panic, I will help you a little bit.
Keep in mind that content is king, so when writing a blog post, you have to consider many things. To write your first post, you must first login into the WordPress dashboard. After that Dashboard → Post → Add New, then a page will open in front of you where you will write your first high-quality and informative post.
While Writing a Blog Post Consider These Things: –
- If you cannot find a topic, then do some keyword research around your niche.
- Try to find keywords that rank easily.
- Use the long tail keyword as it is easily ranked.
- Make sure to use Numbers in your title. Like “10 Best Image Editor Android Apps”
- Use some related images in your post to make your post more comprehensive.
- Whatever posts you write, should be longer, more informative, and more in detail.
- To connect more with your readers, you must use words like I and You
- Do not use copyrighted images, always use copyright-free images.
- Optimize the post and image according to the search engine.
Step 9. What is the Future of Starting a Blog?
It is very clear that you have created a blog, which aims to share knowledge, experience, and ideas with others. And also communicating with those who have the same views as we have. At the same time, we cannot deny that we want to make money from it.
Therefore, we should know very well how to make our blog or its content accessible to the people who need it. Only then will we be able to add valuable and reliable audiences to our Blog?
If this happens, then we can make a lot of money from that blog.
By now you must have published your first post on the blog. Now I will tell you some ways by which you can earn money from your blog. By the way, there are many ways by which you can make money. But I will tell you about some popular ways by which many pro bloggers are making a lot of money.
Let’s go ahead and know about those methods –
It is the easiest and most popular way to earn money. With its help, you can make a lot of money by monetizing your traffic. In these ways, monetization by Google AdSense is more popular. Many bloggers are making huge amounts of money using them. Secondly, you can make good money from Media.net also.
This is a great way to earn money from a blog. In this, you have to promote a product. If that product is sold by your promotion, then the owner of that product pays you some commission. If you have a reliable audience, there is no better way to earn money online.
Providing Online Service
If you have deep knowledge in any field or you are specialized in something, then you can provide it as a service to your audience. In return for these services, your readers pay you directly. This way you can earn money from your blog fast.
Selling Online Courses & Products
If you have a tutorial or a complete course on a particular subject, you can sell it to your readers. If you have a product and you know how to sell it, then you can make a significant amount of money by selling that product.
Before this, you have to gather a large audience for your blog. Even more important is to gain their trust.
If you are able to do this then you can sell them anything.
Now I have learned about some popular ways by which we can make a lot of money. But you have to remember that it takes a lot of time as well as hard work. So, you have to wait patiently. If you can do this, then you will see a big growth in a few days.
FAQs – How to start blogging in India?
1. What is the Cost of Starting a Blog?
It depends on where you are buying your domain and hosting to start a blog. If you want to host your blog as well, then you have to spend about $ 3.50 every month for hosting.
Along with this, you may have to pay 200 to 500 rupees annually for top-level domain name registration. But if you take hosting or domain registration for a year or more, then this expense can be reduced considerably.
2. Can I Start a Blog for Free?
If you want to know about the blog or if you want to start a blog for entertainment purposes then you can start a blog on Blogger or another free platform. But if you want to make a career in blogging and want to make a lot of money, then you have to focus on investment. My advice is to start a blog by purchasing hosting and domains without wasting any time.
3. How to Start Blogging in India and Make Money from it?
We have just learned in this article how to start a blog and what things are required for it. Now the point is to make money, you can make money in different ways.
You can make money from your new blog through Google AdSense, Media Net, Affiliate marketing, offering services, selling products or online courses, etc.
4. How to Convert a Blog into a Business?
You can convert your blog into a business with your hard work and dedication by reading this comprehensive guide to creating this blog.
5. I Started a Blog, Now How can I get Traffic?
A lack of traffic on the blog can lower your morale. In such a situation, slowly increasing traffic is like a rising sun in the dark night for new bloggers.
If you do not know how to bring traffic to the blog, then you can read this post – How to increase blog traffic.
6. Is it Beneficial to Start a Blog in 2023?
If you are not sure that starting a blog in 2023 is not beneficial, then you are not reading this post.
If you want to make a career in this field by blogging about a business, then it is not too late. Here the Proverb “When you wake up then morning” fits perfectly.
Now your turn
I hope you have learned everything about how to start blogging in India. We have learned about how to start a blog. Where to Start a Blog? What are the benefits of creating a blog? etc.
Let’s get started with your profitable blog and enjoy it.
If you find it helpful, please like, comment, and share this.