Have you ever thought to create a calculator in WordPress website? If the answer is no, then let me tell you that this will be a brilliant idea to implement. When we think about the word calculator, it reminds us of a device that has made our calculation really easy, and maybe it reminds us of our exams where it was the most helpful tool. Calculators have been making our lives easy for many decades, and they have been connected to our daily lives.
Many websites nowadays have started implementing a calculator on their websites. These embedded calculators can be of different types like Age calculators, diet calculators, SGPA calculators, and many more.
In this article, I will discuss how to create a calculator in wordpress, the best calculator plugins for your website and how you can make a custom calculator using a drag and drop form builder. So without any further delay, let’s dive into our topic.
- Who Can Use the Calculator?
- Why You Use Formidable Calculator Plugin?
- Choose a Calculator Plugin for Your WordPress Website or an All-In-One Form Builder?
- Different Ways to Use Calculator in WordPress Website
- How to Create a Calculator in WordPress Using Formidable Form Plugin
- How to Add Custom Calculator to WordPress from Scratch
- Frequently Asked Question – FAQs
- Over to You
Who Can Use the Calculator?
There are a variety of users who can use a calculator on a website. There are many other professional usages of a calculator on a website. I am going to mention some professions that use calculators regularly.
- Digital Marketers.
- Personal Trainers.
- Financial Advisors.
- Automobile Companies.
- Woo Commerce Business Owner
- Real Estate Business
Why You Use Formidable Calculator Plugin?
The Formidable Forms Plugin is a viral WordPress plugin that can be used as an all-in-one solution with tons of advanced feature to create a calculator in WordPress as well as several types of forms. It is a form builder, and also it provides a predefined template for calculators so you can quickly build a calculator for your business. This form builder offers an effortless drag and drop interface, which is really easy to use. So this is the best option that you could have as a calculator plugin.
5 reasons Why Formidable plugin is the best Calculator Plugin to create a calculator in WordPress Website-
- Free tutorials on how to make calculators and many other things.
- Availability of Powerful calculator (Easy to Complex Calculation) fields like Radio button, sliders, total fields.
- Cost Calculator builder to create an ecommerce solution.
- Calculator Form templates for any kind of business or industry.
Choose a Calculator Plugin for Your WordPress Website or an All-In-One Form Builder?
Creating a calculator on your WordPress website sometimes proves to be very beneficial. It can help you grow your business. Adding a calculator can also help you collect customer’s data, and you can also analyze that data afterwards.
Now the main question is that whether you should install a WordPress calculator plugin or do you need to have an all-in-one plugin like Formidable Form builder? The answer to this question is you need to use an all-in-one solution like the Formidable forms plugin to create a calculator in WordPress Website.
Since you have already installed a few plugins on your WordPress website, installing more plugins may slow down your website.
In such case having an all-in-one solution solution would be the most suitable option for anyone running a WordPress website because it doesn’t affect the performance of your website.
Recommended Read – Formidable Forms Review
Different Ways to Use Calculator in WordPress Website
There are many different uses for a calculator on a website. The types of calculators that one can include on their website are percentage calculators, unit conversion calculators, return on investment calculators and many others. Here I will discuss some different types of calculator that you can implement on your website to get excellent results.
- Fitness Calculator – The health and fitness industry is booming right now, especially after the pandemic. More and more people are trying to stay fit while they are working from home. If you own a health and fitness-related website, you can either implement a “Body Mass Index Calculator” or add a “Daily Calorie Intake Calculator”.
- Financial Calculator – A financial consultancy providing website owners can implement a “Compound Interest Calculator” or a “Savings & Investment Calculator”. Having any of these two calculators on your website cloud makes a huge difference.
- Investment Calculator – Most people nowadays like to invest online. This calculator could be handy when they want to have an idea about the return on a particular investment. “Return on Investment Calculator” also helps convert visitors of your site into paying customers by collecting their info and guiding them onto the right path.
- Estimate and Quote Calculators – Having an estimate and quote calculator can be the most helpful thing you can have on your website. These types of calculators can have different forms like “Life Insurance Calculator” or an “Automobile Payment Calculator”. This little feature can attract a lot of customers to your website, and these calculators are straightforward to implement with the help of the Formidable Form plugin.
- Cost Calculator (Price Calculator) – This type of calculator is ideal for an e-commerce website. This calculator helps the users select a color or the number of products when buying something in bulk. Cost calculators can be seen on every modern e-commerce website. These types of calculators are really easy to make using the Formidable Forms plugin. They provide many attractive templates for you to choose from.
- Mortgage Calculators – Many of us have purchased a property where we have to pay a mortgage every month. There are mainly two types of mortgage calculators, one is “Simple Mortgage Calculator”, and another one is “Advance Mortgage Calculator”. Google search results show that nearly almost 150,000 people have searched for an online mortgage calculator online. Using Formidable Forms and the correct formula, you can easily make any of these forms.
- Percentage Calculator – It is a handy tool used by the students and other people to calculate the percentage.
- Final grade calculator – Final grade calculation can sometimes get really complicated, and this type of calculator is beneficial if you want to calculate the final grade of your college.
- Length Conversion Calculator – We often need to convert some value into another value, and we use this feature on a daily basis in our life. So integrating a conversion calculator with your website can be a massive advantage for your webpage.
- Daily Calorie Calculator – There is a calculator in many fitness-related websites that will tell users about the daily calorie intake that will help users with their daily calorie consumption.
Important – Although, Formidable Forms is one of the best & All in One package for creating forms including calculator for your business need. So you must have to buy the Formidable Forms Pro to create a calculator in WordPress as well as other advanced feature & functionalities into your website.
How to Create a Calculator in WordPress Using Formidable Form Plugin
The formidable plugin is a free plugin that you can directly download from your WordPress repository. but the problem is that Formidable Forms offers calculator templates only with their premium version.
So if you want to use predefined calculator template to create a calculator in WordPress then you need to buy the premium version of the formidable plugin.
Let’s look at the steps you need to follow to create a calculator in WordPress by using the Formidable Forms plugin:
Step 1:- Download Formidable Forms Plugin
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Then, go to the plugin option and then search for “Formidable plugin”.
- Install this plugin, and after that, you need to activate your plugin, and you will be done with your installation.
- After connecting this plugin to WordPress, you will see a successful message and then you will need to refresh your page so you will have access to the premium features.
Step 2:- Create and Customize Calculator
- Go to Formidable forms and then click on the option “New”.
- After this, you will be presented with a list of predefined templates, you can search for the calculator template and then choose suitable calculator template as you required.
- To start customizing your form, you need to click on the option “Create Form”, and you will get options to add text, checkbox, and fields.
- You can also preview your form by clicking on the “Preview” option.
- When you ae fully satisficed then click to update your forms. Now this form is ready to use in your site as you need.
Step 3:- Publish Your Calculator
- After you are done customizing your calculator, you need to publish it using the “Formidable Forms block” or shortcode feature in to your post/pages.
- The easiest way to add a calculator is via using WordPress Guttenberg block or WordPress classic editor.
- You need to choose the option “Add New Block” wherever you want to display your calculator and then select the calculator from the drop-down menu.
How to Add Custom Calculator to WordPress from Scratch
Step 1– Go to the Formidable Forms, click the option “Add New,” and create a blank form. You can add fields from the left.
Step 2 – You need to add the fields that are necessary for your calculation from left side. For example, you need three fields for a simple addition operation. Two for the first and second number and another one for the result.
Step 3 – You can use field option for adding descriptions to the fields for describing the fields for your users.
Step 4 – Then, you need to go to the advanced tab and turn on the “Calculation” option to add field value and formula for your calculator.
Step 5 – Then, inside the “Default Value box”, enter the formula for your specific calculation.
Step 6 – After this, your calculator is ready to use, and you can add it to your website.
Quick Note – Although you can create any type of custom calculator (easy to complex, As per your requirements) from scratch with drag & drop feature in a few steps without writing a single line of code. However, If you have any confusion then you can take the help of Formidable Forms Extensive Knowledgebase to create a successful custom calculator for your business needs.
Frequently Asked Question – FAQs
What is Formidable Forms?
Formidable Forms is one of the best and easy to use WordPress forms builder plugin that helps you to create any type of forms including calculator without hiring a developer of adding single line of code.
How Do I Create a Calculator With Formidable Forms?
Formidable Forms offers 30+ predefined calculator template that you can use to create specific calculator faster than ever. If you don’t want to use template then you can create new one from scratch.
How Do I Add a Calculator to My Website?
First of all you need a calculator plugin (Formidable Forms) to installed & activated. After that create a calculator as per your business need, then embed it in our site through block or shortcode.
Over to You
The Formidable plugin is handy that comes with many advanced options; that helps us to create a calculator in WordPress website faster than ever.
If you don’t want to create a calculator from scratch or don’t want to do all the mathematical calculations, you can create a Calculator in WordPress by choosing a template. One thing to remember is that the templates for calculators only come with their premium version.